Vintage Postcards or Trade Cards
Trade Cards describe small square cards, usually at about 4′ x 6′ inches in size. These vintage postcards first became a useful popular business tool in the 1880s and has its origins from Paris, France. The advent of lithography printing technology enabled mass production of postcards. It had a similar function as modern day business card and functioned as a form of advertising and some contain maps giving directions to merchant stores. These cards will normally feature eye catching and colorful illustrative arts (sometimes with very controversial claims) promoting various different products such as tobacco, medicated oil, farming equipment, and services. Due to the beautiful illustrations and a depiction of popular culture and society during the time (Victorian era, French Belle Epoque era) the cards are unique and highly sought after.
Rare Vintage Postcards (Vol.1 of 3)
• 998 High Resolution images of scanned front & back copies
• Equivalent to 335 Set of Vintage Postcards
• Each image averages 1,900 X 3,000 pixels at 300 DPI
• Reprint at original size of 4 X 6 inches
• All unique pictures, not one picture is the same
• 1.40GB worth of images served thru secure & fast Amazon S3 cloud
• File format: JPG images
Actual High Res Sample Sets:
Only available here!
You will not find it anywhere else. Hence it is a perfect resource for scrapbooking, crafts, and reproduction.